The Halls

The Halls
Dathan, Amy, Kaylee, Logan and Daniel

Friday, August 23, 2013

dislaimer, It is ALL about HIM!


Summer is coming to a close!  It has been a busy summer with some major changes for me!  I accepted a promotion and work in Rocky Mount now so that has adjusted our schedule.  It will get interesting starting Monday when school starts!  I am really happy about it though and it is going well,  I think anyway!  I am working with some great people and amazed at the kindness that I have received! 

We did not take a vacation this year, car issues took precedence...  So we have tried to find time together at home,  we did take a day trip to the beach!  It was a fun day!

 

We found out earlier in the summer that my daddy has cancer; He has just completed his 6th week of radiation and chemo.  They canceled his chemo treatment today because his white blood cell count was too low.  He thought today was the last for now but today they let him know that he has 8 more radiation treatments.  It really broke his heart!   However, I will say that God is good and the doctor that he has is one who truly cares.  He forgot to tell them about the plan changing from 6 to 8 weeks but he showed them today a side of himself that was a blessing! 

 

There are several things going on in my family that are health related and are truly reminding me just how precious life is. Just how much we all need to be thankful for what we have even if it is small. 

 

I had an encounter today that reminded me that what is most important in my life is to focus on what God has ordained for me and not what I think is best.  I need to soak everything in prayer and I need to remember that He has a plan.  I worry a lot and I know that is a downfall but I know with in my worry that He has it under control!  My worry usually stems from human judgment rather than God's!   I am so thankful that God is a loving God who offers grace and loves everyone!  The encounter today reminded me why I do not have to live a certain way to please God,  He loves me no matter what and has offered grace through faith and by the blood I am healed!  I do however have to make choices that will be beneficial to see others come to know Him as I do!  My life IS NOT about me!  My life is about HIM!!! 

 

I made choices in my past that were focused on the immediate desires of the flesh.  But I have since bowed the knee and been forgiven!  What more could anyone ask of God than his all-knowing, all present, all powerful grace!  What is even better is that I did not even have to ask for it, It was simply offered to me for me to accept or reject!

 

I received the opportunity to accept the gift of Jesus at a very young age but I did not get deep into His work and grow as quickly as I should have.  I focused on me, the fun things that I wanted to do and the things that pulled me away from Him.  In my unhappiness I began to seek my happiness through pleasing others.  When I did not see that others were pleased I would try harder, and harder, and eventually push those that cared about me away because of my obsession with making everything around me perfect!  I still struggle with that at times but then I fall back into His arms of grace! 

 

As a mother I pray that my children will realize the love that God has for them and the gift that they have in Jesus.  I pray that the youth that I teach in Sunday school will realize that though they make mistakes GOD LOVES THEM!!!!     He will NEVER let go!  But that they will all desire and strive to live a life that is pleasing in His sight!

 

What a joyous thing to remember even in pain and reminders of past choices!  Those choices do not define who I am but they were part of my path and my growth!   I can't help but to praise my Lord and Savior for the blessings in my life!  He has placed people in my life that sometimes pride tells me that I can help.... But then I usually discover that I learn more from them than they do from me!  Isn't it amazing how He works!  He has placed others in my life to help hold me together when I think I am breaking.  I pray that even in my brokenness I still shine with an inner joy of the Love of Christ!  Not in a way meant to offend but in a way meant to show love and shine a light on the darkness of the world! 

 

I am thankful for where I have come in my life,  I am thankful that I learned from my mistakes but I will never okay the choices I made that were of my selfish nature and not of His love.  Instead I will continue to move forward as imperfect as I am and enjoy a life covered as white as snow and strive to be a witness for salvation through Jesus Christ!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.