I took yesterday off to spend time with my sweet friend Jeanne as she had something very important to tend too! My husband and I went with Don and Jeanne, went for the appointment and then enjoyed a delicious meal together and wonderful fellowship.
Then we all went to visit someone in the hospital and try and share Christ's love and prayers for him and with him. It is such a blessing to spend time with other Christians Both in good times and in bad!
We then headed back home where I spent a couple of hours in bible study focusing on the Word. Oh how I wish I had more days with hours to spend in the word!
While waiting for Jeanne to finish her appointment I received a message that a sweet friend would be having a pop up bible study that evening on her patio.... for 2 seconds I thought what if I don't know anyone.... what if it is just me... then I said... wow... a chance to dig into the word with others... an open invitation... I just want to be a part of this! God had to lay it on her heart and she was obedient.. I desire this... I must be obedient too! and oh the blessing! I sent a
back that I would be there! Bam...The commitment was made! However, I remembered it was Tuesday and some precious ladies had shared the opportunity to join an exercise class... oh how I desired the physical activity and the fellowship but getting started is not easy!
I was determined to go though.. and I did! Day 1 of Body Transformation class started! note... I did not eat the meal pictured above that morning! haha! I did however find awesome blessing! Tammy nnot only pushed us physically... reminded us nutritionally but she fed us spiritually... as she stood up there in a public gym sharing her testimony of Christ's work in her life. I was simply blessed and truly thankful to God for placing me in a path surrounded by ladies not afraid of speaking Christ in a setting where it was not expected! I see that this journey will be difficult but with Christ it is possible!
Yes... You read it... Live in the moment... it was part of my day as I left the gym all sweaty and stinky... haha... and joined my friend on her patio where I arrived to see 3 other ladies who chose to live in the moment and say yes.. and a wonderful group of youth girls who also chose to take their evening and soak up God's word. With no idea what would be studied we said yes! Oh how thankful I am! We dug in as a group sharing prayer and praise requests.. then split up into ladies and youth and studied 1 Peter chapter 1
k
Oh how thankful I am for this day of reminders! this opportunity to follow His steps. To love each other deeply... even strangers!
My evening ended with hugs not only from a friend I knew but with a lady I had never talked to and a young lady that I may never have known!
I am not sharing this blog to shine and brag but to remind myself in the future that I have to step out in faith! I was chosen by God to fellowship with His own special people!!
After that I had a very difficult day at work today and felt much less than well but even in this struggle... I was called to action by my pop up bible study ladies to study and share in another chapter.... I was able to sit here in this broken recliner and reminisce and smile because God offers opportunity He is there... we just have to step out in faith and choose Him!
I picked up my boys and spent time with my parents this evening... and enjoyed photos from afar of the 81st birthday gathering for Dathan's grandmas 81st birthday! Yes no matter what we face each day... friends God is good!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.