The Halls
Dathan, Amy, Kaylee, Logan and Daniel
Saturday, January 7, 2012
After reading Matthew 6
Matthew 6 hit home today in my reading. I ask each of you as my friends not to admire or put me on a pedastal. I want you each to know that I do not post anything on here to lift myself up but to Lift the Lord and in hope and prayer that each of you will choose the Lord and seek a deeper knowledge of His word and A deeper relationship with Him through prayer. I am outgoing at times but do not mean to be showy. I am a sinner saved by grace and completely imperfect. I only hope to leave a legacy by knowing others see how important Jesus is to me. By knowing I allowed Him to use me to build His holy kingdom. I am so thankful for the ladies in my life who have done just that for me. They have been examples of godly wives and mothers and lovers of God's holy word. I had a time in my life where I called myself a believer but I did not have any idea what being a Christian really meant. I speant my time looking for what was wrong with church and why I did not need to be there. Then I decided that my family needed to try this church thing and God grabbed us by our shirt collars and let us know that it was time to straighten up. It wasnot something anyone could have forced on me but when we chose God he reminded us that He had already chosen us. His arms were wide open waiting for us to runinto them. I am not sayin life is perfect because I attend church 3 times a week and read the bible and pray. Sometimes life sucks, Sometimes church is a pain, sometimes I am so tired the idea of studying scripture is just ugh, but when I choose to overcome the day's issues in life... and remind myself that when I least want to fellowship with other believers is when I need it most and when I know that scripture is going to help enlighten me in my daily walk and I pray for god to help my tired, frustrated bones through and show me what I need.... I can always count on Him too. This is why I share with you. Please know that my life is not perfect, my church is not the perfect church, I do not spout scripture in every sentence, my children sometimes drive meup a wall, I get in a bad mood and even lose my temper. But, I always turn back to grace. I ask forgiveness and try to think of ways to change my actions next time, Mostly I pray that God will help me through it all. My good is all Him. He is my strength. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.