The Halls

The Halls
Dathan, Amy, Kaylee, Logan and Daniel

Saturday, March 3, 2012


I have gotten one awesome birthday present!  I have to go to Concord at the end of March for work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and returning Sunday... during this time God worked things out and 3 of my favorite activities will be happening....  The best Unit Manager a girl could have ever asked for is retiring and his retirement party is that weekend.....  The best ladies ministry experience of my past is having its first meeting of the season.... AND>>>>>>>> wait for it>>>>> Bunco with the church ladies..... Oh and worship at Pitts Baptist.. where I grew up in Christ on the speed course... haha   Oh and I get to learn more about Autism spectrum to enhance my ability to work with individuals with Autism. (The whole reason for the trip)  Going to be one packed in weekend filled with wonderful experiences.  I will miss my family... other than Kaylee who may join me for the ride to stay with her bestie.... But it will be a weekend of rejuvenation!   That ain’t no April fool’s! Wait... one more....
I am going to Willow Run with the Youth and my hubby the weekend before.   We have 7 awesome youth signed up to join us and Dathan and I will be chaperones as well as there to keep them on point with the purpose of the trip... They know us and know I will get em if they get off track.  Haha  I just love the part of working with our youth that I get to do.  I am so thankful to have other help from Lisa and Paul  too unfortunately they cannot make it that weekend but it will all work out!  March is looking like an awesome awesome month but I am glad to be home spending time with my children!  That will be 2 weekends away from them and everyone knows I love my family!  I have to say it is wonderful to feel blessed where I live now and also feel blessed in the town I spent the 10 years of my life prior to moving back here.  The only thing I wish is I had more time to visit more people!  I had so many different groups of people that I miss so much, my friends from Howell’s Baptist Church where Dathan was an Interim Pastor, My friends from our awesome Sunday School Class, Oh I could go on and on!  I left so many wonderful ladies that I just could never name them all!  It was all thanks to God’s guidance and our willingness to allow Him to take control.  Wherever He took us we listened.  He just works things out.  He is working things out one step at a time here at First Baptist now… and with our local friendships.  

Beyond that I am also enjoying the wonderful gift of our current Ladies Bible Study which is filled with the Holy Spirit.  We are studying Daniel and learning to live Lives of Integrity.  Learning that God will be with us through difficult times, learning that it is our responsibility to step up and be the strong one in our relationships and not always depend on who we see as our strong one, how not to focus on material things but on spiritual things, not to focus on our imperfections but trying to live Christ-like lives and accept grace when we slip, not to be someone we are not but to become who we desire to be….  Sometimes we do not even realize that we desire to be that person until we realize the affect that it can have on lives.  Most of all we are learning to remember that we cannot do any of this on our own but through Christ who strengthens us.   Instead we will grow through a relationship with Him in prayer… not occasional prayer when we have trouble but constant praise and prayer with our Heavenly Father.   I am also enjoying seeing this group of ladies who started out with many not knowing one another to an open willingness to share how they are growing through their commitment to scripture, to the study, to prayer, to encouraging their sisters in Christ.  As Christians we all, yes me too, fall so short of the glory of God… we serve … the gods of negativity… the gods of insecurity… the gods of self-serving nature… But if we will work to change that and work to serve others… we will no longer need to focus on those false gods that the One True God tells us not to put before Him!   I am so excited to be part of this study and thank Beth Moore for the tremendous study that she put into it and prayers that she spent over it when it was created.  More I am thankful that on night 3 we had more in attendance rather than less than night 1 and 2!  Yep Happy Birthday to me…. I am seeing God work in my life and all around me and His willingness to use me  through my desire to serve Him and that is the entire gift this girl needs!

1 comment:

  1. Okay change of plans... I will be returning on Sat afternoon as the weekend fun continues... Our FBC Easter Musical will be Sat March 31st evening and then again Sunday April 1st evening. I am looking so forward to the trip, time with however many friends I can and then serving our Lord and Savior through music!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.