The Halls

The Halls
Dathan, Amy, Kaylee, Logan and Daniel

Thursday, November 17, 2011


Well, another ladies Bible study has come to an end. I am kind of sad because coming together each Thursday night, especially the last 2 where we called for prayer for one another in different ways, was really refreshing! You know God is just amazing and I am so blessed to be his servant. I am so thankful that He has entrusted me such major tasks. I will say that God spoke to me tonight through Beth's teaching, in reminding me, if the load is to heavy then I will not be able to take the next step. I am however, also reminded that when my feet get tired God will carry me.







I tell you, I feel I have been challenged to get on my face before the Lord through this study. No really. on my face or as Beth Moore would describe... pebbles in the forehead kind of worship! In the beginning of this study I felt awkward getting on my knees and leaning over then placing my forehead onto the ground and my arms out and praying. I will admit it I really did. I pray all of the time, my friends never question that, but to place myself in such a position as that, while alone in a room felt un natural! As the study went on I had members ask me; were you on your face this week and I was then embarrassed to say, well no. After all I was the leader of this study. How could I call them to consider this if I was not doing it. So I was determined to pray to my Lord, on my knees, face down. It still felt a bit awkward but was getting easier. Dathan preached one Sunday night, I think it was, and discussed Mark 5 when he described the demon possessed man, prostrating himself, worshiping Jesus I just felt more conviction about my need to get out of myself in prayer and lean completely into Jesus.







Well friends in the last 3 weeks I have been burdened with some pretty major prayer needs and requests on my heart and I found myself closing the door and going down face first in prayer. I felt I had too not just that I wanted too. It is actually awakening. It is a moment when I have to lose myself completely and come to God. I have to forget my insecurities and rely on Him alone as I pray and worship the Lord. I ask you to consider doing just this! go in a quiet place and get down on your knees place your head on the floor and prostrate yourself “proskunayo” before the Lord.







It is a freeing that requires you to forget yourself and place your thoughts completely on and toward Him. It is the answer to your need if you are looking to take that next step into total dependence on Him. If you know me well you know that I am a prayer warrior. I have a lot on my plate and I carry a big load but I pray... If you ask me to pray I am on it. BUT, this is a whole new level of prayer for me and I thank God for taking me and the ladies at First Baptist Church through the Psalms of Ascent with Beth Moore's study.







I thank the ladies for being so diligent in their studies and in being there each week. Of course there were some that had to deal with the things God placed in their lives and missed some weeks. Family needs, work needs, other ministries, illness, But overall we had a strong core group and they clearly desired to grow spiritually together. I just love it! I just love knowing that I can surround myself with ladies that desire Jesus to move their mountains and lead their journey. I am so thankful that He gives me strength to continue even when my flesh is too tired to continue reaching the lost and helping the saved to grow stronger in Christ! I am so thankful that I am humbled week after week by realizing how much I truly need to grow spiritually! I pray to God that no matter how many years I lead ladies studies or teach youth that I will never think that I am too grown to learn more. I praise Him for everything He has done in my life and give Jesus Christ the glory for each thing that I do. I could never, never, never do any of this without Him being in control!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.