The Halls

The Halls
Dathan, Amy, Kaylee, Logan and Daniel

Friday, September 30, 2011

My Sunshine!

Well another great day comes to an end.  I enjoyed watching a movie with Logan tonight.  It was so sweet to cuddle up with my little boy and just relax.  Well, I was a little to relaxed since I dozed off for a bit. He did not mind as long as I was there with him!  Isn't that the wonderful thing about kids.  They just love us to stop and take time with them.  They just desire that we will place ourselves in their world and understand their interests.  So many times we get to busy or just need a break and we lose track of who our children are for a short moment.  I am a very busy mom but I pray that I never become so busy that I can not stop to sing and dance with my little girl, cuddle up and watch a movie with my little boy or crawl around on the floor with my toddler.  I am so completely blessed to have 3 wonderful children.  Sure they drive me up a wall sometimes but if they didn't, then I would be worried because I would have to be detached.  They have too much energy for me to actually pay attention to them and not feel driven up a wall at high speeds sometimes.  haha!  Have you ever stopped to wonder if you really know who your child is and what goes through their mind.  My daughter Kaylee is 10 now and she is changing so quickly.  I have trouble keeping up with her.  I pray that I will not blink to many times and lose track.  I pray that I will leave a legacy to them that includes a love for Jesus Christ and a focus on Him in all things.

 Kaylee is my little talker, she is my little me to be quite honest!  Bless her sweet big heart.  She loves the Lord and has courage to be bold and willingness to love others.  She has such a big heart and she really tries to be strong even when she feels sad.  Kaylee loves to sing and has such a sweet voice, she loves to write songs too and draws some things quite well.  She like her mom was is an average student but works hard and willingly tries to give answers to questions.  Now she may be the messiest girl ever... but then I look around my computer desk and think... okay maybe not!  haha! She is my sunshine!

Logan has always been my little cuddle bug.  Do not tell him I said that it would totally kill his football player, secret weapon game face.  haha  He has more energy than just about any child I have ever seen.  If we can focus it on the game, he will one day be quite the little athlete.  But for now he runs fast, catches sometimes, and remains excited.  That is my boy and I love him soooo much!  He promises to still give me hugs and cuddles even when he is 28!   Logan is a little off the wall and does little boy things, like cutting his hair in Sunday school, and makes strange noises at inopportune times and wiggles like crazy during church.  He loves bodily functions and thinks they are hilarious.  Most importantly, he can tell me that Jesus died for his sins and that he loves God more than anything else!  He came to us recently in tears and said he felt God trying to come into his heart.  We talked about it and know God is working on him.  I could never describe Logan with out including one very important word... Wii.  Yep that sums it up.... Wii.  haha!  He does love the Wii but I am so glad that he also loves to run and play!  He is my sunshine!

Then there is my sweet little Daniel.  Well he was not so sweet tonight.  Okay he is always sweet even when he is not.  haha!  He loves to give kisses but has learned to give a quick kiss with no meaning to get it over with and then get his way!  Well that does not work with mommy,  haha!  He is picking up a number of words and can mumble a very serious conversation.  He rarely wears shoes but I guess that is a reflection on his mommy more than on him.  He is only 20 months.  Yep, laid back mommy to number 3!  That's me.  :-) He loves his Nana and I am so glad he is getting to spend time with her now that we have moved closer.  He hands me every blanket in his crib when it is time to get up and he quickly lets me know that it is time for a ba ba!  all blocks are called b's because he was so excited to learn the letter b one day with Nana and now every letter and every block is a b.  He loves special agent Oso, but watches very little other TV.  He is my sunshine!  

Yep, I am blessed and I thank God for my 3 little blessings and I pray that I will be a mother who will teach them to love others as Jesus does and to remember that God created them and that He believes that they are important enough to allow Jesus to die on the cross for their sins and that there is no one in this world who can say that they are not good enough! God says they are!  They are His sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.